The Twitter rules have changed. You can read the updated TOS here. Why does this matter for marketers? Because the platforms that they've been using to publish content on Twitter won't let them act as spammers anymore. And, that's a good thing... Here are some quick tips to improve your marketing on Twitter.
1. DON'T retweet your own tweets
2. DO tweet multiple times a day with fresh new content, even if the links remain the same
3. DON'T post the same exact message over and over onto Twitter
4. DO retweet content from others that support your mission/vision including your employees, influencers, media, and other stakeholders
5. DON'T recycle any old tweets anymore
Take the time to create content that informs and educates your audiences. Help others and you will help yourself.